As a homeowner who loves to do stuff on your own, things like fixing a plumbing fixture, cleaning the AC system, and changing your locks are doable without any professional assistance. But then again, there’s also a fair share of things you can’t really do on your own. One example is any job that involves electricity, such as Leesburg Thermal Imaging. Aside from the fact that doing it without any license, experience, or expertise could hurt you, it also can aggravate or worsen the problem. The truth is you really don’t have any other choice but to hire a Chantilly Electrician for any kind of electrical work.
Know that there are instances in which one kind of electrical work doesn’t need immediate attention; but then again, there always are exceptions to the rule and below are signs that tell you it’s time to call in the electrician.
1 – If your lights are flickering.
Your initial and most common reaction would be that a flickering light is nothing but a bulb that needs replacing. But right after attempting to replace it, you found out that all the other lights begin flickering, it only means you have no other choice but to call an electrician. In such a scenario, there is a clear sign that there’s a serious wiring problem.
2 – Blown fuses.
Circuit breakers tripping and fuses blowing are common occurrences and you don’t have to panic. But then again, if either of those two are happening more frequently, it could be a sign that your electrical system is overloaded. If an overloaded system isn’t the cause, it probably is another serious problem that needs to be detected as soon as possible. Keep in mind that you shouldn’t be doing the troubleshooting yourself, unless of course you’re a licensed electrician yourself.
3 – If there’s a presence of electrical shock.
If you try to plug in an appliance or turn on a light switch and it happens that there is some minor electrical shock, it only means one thing: there is something shorting out somewhere. This may be caused by frayed wiring or maybe bad insulation. You definitely should address this problem the soonest time possible because if you ignore it, it could lead to a fire.
4 – There’s a buzzing sound coming from the outlet or light switch.
If you are hearing a buzzing sound coming from the outlet or light switch in your home, it’s a sign that something is very wrong with your electrical system. The sound could be a result of a faulty wiring that’s close to the switch or outlet. Just like minor shocks, you can’t ignore it because there have been so many instances of homes destroyed by a fire caused by faulty electrical wiring. The electrician will be the one who will figure out where the problem is and fix it.